Day of birth: 17th of April 1978
Place of birth: Buedingen/ germany
Wife: Dorota Ewa, born Nowicka
Children: Anna-Maximiliane Geraldine Hensel, Johann-David Hensel, Rosemarie-Helene Hensel and Heinz-Ludwig Hensel
- First guitar lessons at the age of seven at Michael Winderling, according first piano lessons at the age of twelve accomplished by Johann Baumann, from 1993 until 1994 piano lessons at Gerhard Schaubach, first attempts in composition.
- Horst Werner my school teacher in music suggested the possibility of studying at Dr. Hoch´s Conservatory in Francfort\ Main. I agreed with that.
- From 1994-1999 student of Gerhard Schedl in composition, counterpoint, harmony, basso continuo and instrumentation in the so called "amateur department" at Dr. Hoch´s Conservatory Francfort\ Main.
- Beside that piano studies at Wolfgang Hess and Norbert Brecht, flute studies at Annegret Lucke at Dr Hoch´s Conservatory in Francfort\ Main.
- 1997 diploma from German secondary school qualifying for university admission or matriculation at Wolfgang Ernst School Buedingen
- 1998-99 university preparation class in composition at Gerhard Schedl
- 1999 entrance examination at Prof. Heinz Winbeck Hochschule für Musik Wuerzburg
- From winter term 99\ 00 until winter term 02\03 student of composition at Heinz Winbeck Hochschule für Musik Wuerzburg
- 2001 intermediate diploma in the main subject composition at Prof. Heinz Winbeck
- 2003 first meeting with Moritz Eggert
- Summer term 2003 change over to Prof. Manfred Trojahn at Robert Schumann Hochschule Duesseldorf
- 11.2003 Guest of Prof.Wolfgang Rihm and in collaboration with Justus Frantz
- 27.01.04 Examination passed with distinction
- From winter term 04\05 on studies at Prof. Michael Obst in post graduated studies an der HfM Weimar
- On November 3rd 2005 at 03:10 p.m. I married Mrs. Dorota Ewa Hensel (born Nowicka).
- From winter term 2005 on to summer term 2008 studies in the masterclass of Prof. Heinz Winbeck at the HfM-Wuerzburg
- Private studies at Joachim F.W. Schneider
- 12.25.08 birth of my daughter Anna-Maximiliane Geraldine
- June 2010 cooperation with the viennese publishing company Musikverlag Doblinger, publishing the stringsixtet op.20, "Klärchen´s Song"
- Doctorate in music sciences at "Hochschule für Musik und Darstellende Kunst" Francfort, Main, under Prof. Dr. Peter Ackermann. Title of the dissertation:"From unity to plurality or "the lust for subjectivity" - the music of Gerhard Schedl"
- 2011 start of a cooperation with the german filmmaker Edgar Reitz and begin of composiing the „Cardillac-Suite“ for Edgar Reitz‘ movie: „Cardillac“.
- April 1st 2011:Publication of "Wilhelm Friedemann Bach - Epigone oder Originalgenie, verquere Erscheinung oder grosser Komponist?" at ibidem
- June 22nd: birth of my son Johann-David Hensel
- From April 2011 on, associate lecturer at "Hochschule für Musik und Darstellende Kunst", Francfort Main in musicology
- July 13th: Dissertation and Disputation passed with „magna cum laude“
- 2010 - 2012 Selfstudies in electroacoustical Composition concerning "Computermusic", working with Csound, Max/MSP, Pure Data, SuperCollider and Java.
- September 2011 Publication of the dissertation concerning Gerhard Schedls works
- 2012 begin of developing the music analyzing software „Palestrinizer“ with the developer Ingo Jache, based on an article from 1996 by Peter Ackermann for my habilitation project at the Martin-Luther-University in Halle/ Germany. Title of the habilitation treatise: „Modus, Klang- und Zeitgestaltung in Motetten Orlando di Lassos und Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrinas“ (Mode, Sounddesign and time-management in motets by Orlando di Lasso and Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina).
- 2012 editing Emanuel Aloys Förster´s „Anleitung zum General-Bass“ including the biography by Karl Weigl: Emanuel Aloys Förster
- 05.21.2015 Birth of the daughter Rosemarie-Helene
- 05.18.2016 Conclusion of the post-doctoral lecturer qualification and becoming ("Privatdozent") which is comparable to Associate Professor
- 07.01.2016 Handover of the habilitation-certificate and bearing the title Dr. phil. habil. from then on
- 04.01.2018 „Lecturer for special Tasks“ at Saarland University
- 06.24.18 Birth of Heinz-Ludwig Hensel